Question:
YouTube video does not play ?
Nicole
2009-03-26 04:43:40 UTC
everytime i search up a video, or my friends send me a link to a video on YouTube, it doesn't play. The little loading circle thing is there, spinning but then after a few seconds the screen just stays black and a little message pops up saying "We're sorry, this video is no longer available."

UGH, what's the problem ?
Seven answers:
inukjuak90
2009-03-29 12:39:39 UTC
The famous message "WE'RE SORRY THIS VIDEO IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE"

is most often associated with stupid software that claims it

can virtually "accelerate" video buffering. This includes crap

like GWA, SpeedBit, Trident, Jaton, ATI, Diamond Fire and

Easy Video Accelerator. They all make YouTube behave in

strange and conflicting ways.

Of course nothing "accelerates" streaming video files. Even

the people at YouTube, Google and Macromedia know this,

and write that in their own FAQs. Thus if you have any kind

of "accelerator"...then dump it, burn it, kick it, rip it, trash it,

uninstall it; do everything you can to get as far away from it

as possible.

If you do not have one of those moronic utilities, something

on your computer is interfering with YouTube. Thus, please

consider any of these possibilities:

Not much in terms of playing YouTube vids has changed in

the past 2 years. If anything, all the newer flash players are

causing lots of YouTubers some kind of grief, especially all

8 variations of version 10. It's crazy that there is a 10.0.525,

10.1.218, 10.2.26, 10.2.54, 10.12.10, 10.12.36, 10.15.3, as

well as 10.22.87. You can always count on updates for one

sure-fire thing: software conflicts. I have never strayed away

from 9.47, and many "flashers" still swear by 9.45. Think of

those 2 as Windows XP compared to Vista. Please look at

the "Asker's" comment to this other "Best Answer" of mine:

https://answersrip.com/question/index?qid=20081125075929AABZpVS

You may also wish to consider these alternate possibilities:

→ Tools → Internet Options → Connections (tab)

→ LAN Settings (which is the very last button)

→ uncheck "Automatically detect settings"

→ Tools → Internet Options → Advanced (tab)

→ scroll down until you reach "Multimedia"

→ check-mark all but "Show image download placeholders"

Two people have written to me saying after they got rid of a

certain software, things seemed to work all right afterwards:

One person got rid of his "nVidia" drivers; the other trashed

his "ad blocking" utility. Do you perhaps have either or both

of these on your computer?

I've saved my favorite other solution for the end. YouTube is

at its best when you clear all your "Cookies", "History" and

"Temporary Internet Files". My cool "CHTIF" triple-cure has

resolved hundreds of people's problems, so why not yours?

Close out YouTube, do the following, then shutdown/reboot:

Internet Explorer 6:

→ Tools → Internet Options

→ Delete Cookies → OK

→ Delete Files → OK

→ Clear History → Yes

→ OK

Internet Explorer 7:

→ Tools → Internet Options → Delete...

→ Delete files → Yes

→ Delete cookies → OK

→ Delete history → OK

→ Close (browsing history window)

→ OK

Mozilla Firefox

→ Tools → Clear Private Data

[x] Browsing History

[x] Download History

[x] Saved Form and Search History

[x] Cache

[x] Cookies

→ Clear Private Data Now

I hope my multiple answer is helpful for you. If you are able

to determine the "cause" and its "cure", I would appreciate

it if you could please let me know, either by clicking on my

avatar or emailing me at "inukjuak90@yahoo.com".

IMPORTANT: ANOTHER POSSIBLE CAUSE IS FIREFOX 3 AND ITS

INTERACTION WITH YOUTUBE'S (GOOGLE'S) "CACHE" SERVERS

THAT REFUSE THE PLUG-IN'S REQUEST FOR VIDEO FILES. THIS

RETURNS A FALSE ERROR CODE TO YOUTUBE SAYING THAT IT

CAN'T FIND THE VIDEO, OR THAT THE REQUEST DOESN'T MAKE

SENSE.

OF COURSE, THE VIDEOS ARE REALLY THERE, BUT FOR SOME

STRANGE REASON, YOUTUBE RETRANSMITS THE ERRONEOUS

CODE TO WE'RE SORRY THIS VIDEO IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

WHAT'S THE SOLUTION? NOBODY KNOWS, BUT IT IS A FIREFOX

AND YOUTUBE ISSUE. IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX 3, YOU MIGHT

WANT TO TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.

One person recently emailed me that he downloaded/installed a more

recent version of DirectX and that it apparently solved all his problems:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

An alternate solution which you might want to

try is to attach "&fmt=18" to the end of a URL:

if the URL is

http://www. youtube. com/ watch?v=KQ4v9ZSIL3U

change it to

http://www. youtube .com/ watch?v=KQ4v9ZSIL3U&fmt=18

Do you see a difference in the 2 videos below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4v9ZSIL3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4v9ZSIL3U&fmt=18

If this cool trick seems to resolve the problem,

the quickest way for you to do this every time

is to → type &fmt=18 anywhere → highlight it

→ hit CTRL with C together → and then every

time that you want to use the &fmt=18, press

CTRL with V together.
2009-03-26 04:50:43 UTC
Possible Reasons:

1. The Video is removed because it's break the ToS or Copyright Infringement

2. The Video is removed by the Video Owner

3. The Video is not available in your country

4. Lost connection to the YouTube Server
2016-04-07 08:41:48 UTC
Hi: Yea i got same problems , with all 3 browsers IE,Firefox ,and Chrome, definitely a youtube issue. Been web searching for solutions for 24 hrs. By the way your info about the pop-outs is excellent THANK YOU so much for posting that!!!!!! I am in the middle of placing a bug report to youtube about this problem and i will also mention about the pop-up window working. I think that alot of people are going to be mislead into just doing the quick-fix of disabling the hardware acceleration, which is like defeating the purpose of the latest Flash update. i didnt want to do that so i have been hunting for a better answer. Thanks Again :)
2014-08-18 23:47:10 UTC
You have to download the latest version of adobe flash player in order to be able to watch videos on the internet (Youtube, Facebook, etc..). Sometimes this software is not installed or is damaged and it is responsible for many issues with videos.

I have downloaded Adobe Flash Player for free here http://bit.ly/1sxROHj.

It can be a quick fix so it's worth trying to reinstall it. It worked for me.

With Flash Player as well as watching videos you can also play flash games online :)

Cheers
2009-03-26 04:51:34 UTC
The site has a problem, just refresh the page and the video will be played.
2009-03-26 05:02:28 UTC
If this happened recently,then it might be a problem with youtube.If it aint,i think you must be using a download acclerator...disable using it.OR alteratively use a proxy to view the video if its of urgency or something
Room 1408
2009-03-26 06:54:21 UTC
Try another browser, Internet Explorer gave me that problem last week, i put firefox 3.0 and it went well